Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oooops

I wondered if this might happen but I tried hard for it not to...!  Last night I was planning to blog after putting the girls to bed, but by the time I had done that and sat down to blog, Adam came in the house and we got talking and next thing I knew, we were watching a show and then heading to bed.  This morning I woke up and slapped my head.  Whoops!

Last night was our last night of swimming (boo!).  We had a good time and really enjoyed being able to swim the last six weeks or so with friends Rach and Cora.  Julia loved the pool and I even found an incentive last night to get her to use her arms to swim... she LOVES getting out of the pool by using the ladder, so I would tell her she had to swim with her arms to get to the ladder, and that worked for a while.  I will post a picture of her in her swimming suit soon... I remembered to take a picture of her last night.

We did lots of jumps last night too and each time she jumped I let her go underwater, which she didn't seem to mind at all.  And, after each swimming lesson, we take a shower... well, last night she headed straight for the shower and said, "Shower, Mama?"  Kids sure do love consistency and repetition!

It will be sad to no longer go to lessons but it should be a fun summer of swimming when it's finally warm enough outside.  And until then, if we get really cabin fever-ish, we can always head to Open Swim at the indoor pool!

erin

No comments: