Monday, March 1, 2010

Lion or Lamb?

I think it's safe to say that March has come in like a Lamb, especially considering our weather conditions the last few weeks.  That doesn't bode well for the end of March, eh?

I'm thankful for the Lamb, though, and after a super busy February, I'm looking forward to starting the month off slow and right and engaging in priority #1 -- being a good wife and a good mother.  I found that in an effort to offset one change in February, my life went wildly off-balance and I am seeking to even out the scales again. 

One of those ways...?  I set my work calendar to be completely blocked out on Tuesdays and Thursdays from here to the end of eternity. (Or at least for the next year?  I can't remember which.)  Tuesdays and Thursdays ARE my days off... but it seemed like lately I was letting work spill into the crevices of those days.  This was that first week that those blockages are appearing and already I have people requesting me un-block for meeting purposes.  So far I've been able to politely reply, "No."

I am also going to do a Month of Blog Posts for March... I was doing so well at delivering pictures and stories late in 2009 and since then, in trying to keep my head above water, I have dropped off on posting.  It doesn't take much time to share a few pictures or a small story and I hope do to that at least once a day for you this month.

And, I'm setting a Month of Exercise or 31 Days of Exercise Challenge for myself this month as well.  It will be hard, I am sure, especially with the recent changes in my kids' sleeping habits.  Thank goodness I can count swimming with tonight as Exercise, because Raven most certainly had me awake from 12:00 - 2:00 am.  Bah.  (I am starting to think I best feed this child something other than formula if she is waking up and needing to eat again in the middle of the night.)

I hope this post finds you all well and I hope you all aren't sick of me in 4.5 weeks...!

erin

No comments: