Sunday, March 21, 2010

Baby Pea Pod

I had the pleasure of creating this little cutie the last couple of weeks.  A friend of mine is due with Bebe #2 in April, and she was wanting this Baby Pea Pod to be made.  She showed me a picture of it that she had found on etsy.com and asked if I would be able to find yarn for it.  After a quick stop at what is becoming my favorite yarn shop, Crazy Girl Yarn Shop in Coralville, IA (thanks, C!), I found the "thick and thin spun" yarn, and then was asked if I would be willing/able to make it.  I thought the pea pod was CUTE, so I said I'd live to give it a go.  It worked up really quickly, and what's more, I learned a cool new technique that allowed me to do the entire thing on circular needs: Magic Loop.

All in all, a fun experience, and I can't wait to give it to my friend for her new baby... and well, I can't wait to meet the new baby either! 

erin

No comments: