Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Can Smell It!

Spring is in the air... tra la la!  I can smell it... yay!

Today as I was driving to the grocery store after lunch (after church), I thought it would be a good afternoon to attack the lawn.  We have our annual free brush pick-up day this Wednesday, and our lawn was littered with twigs and things.  Adam had done a great job of piling up the big stuff, but it still needed to be hauled out front.

Adam stubbed his toes hard this morning... one might be broken?  So, it seemed like a good idea for him to stay inside with the kidlets (who thankfully napped this afternoon), and I went out.  I would say the purpose of this afternoon was three-fold... 1.) enjoy the beautiful sun and weather... the first real sun in a week, 2.) get my exercise in for the day, and 3.) be productive and start working the lawn.

After two-and-a-half hours, I still have about half the lawn to do, but the half that's done looks great (if I do say so myself).  I managed to unearth the shade garden (Adam's reply to this was, "The what?"  That tells you how long it's been since it's been an actual garden as opposed to a place collecting lawn refuse) and create a home for the fire pit with some flat stones I found on the side of the house.  There's a nice large pile of twigs/branches out front, and three lawn bags.  Hopefully before Wednesday I'll be able to find time to finish the lawn. 

Today's work was a good workout and it felt so great to be outside.  Julia joined me for the last 15 minutes or so after she woke up from her nap, and we inspected that which we have yet to complete.  Hopefully this year we can get ahead of the yard and do a better job of maintaining it.  We hope.  :)

erin

No comments: