Happy Easter! What a wonderful time of the year! In the church, we are celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ tomorrow morning... what a glorious day!
It will be a fun morning for us as Adam is playing bass and I am singing in the praise band choir tomorrow... it'll be interesting to see whether or not Julia makes it on stage with me... she was during practice and may very well be during service. We'll see!
Here are new pictures from this last week. Enjoy!
Julia's snazzy Saturday outfit -- tights and a onesie.
Julia is already playing the piano these days...
She really loves to stand!
Mom... I really don't know about this Exersaucer thing yet.
I'm taking this picture for Daddy's birthday!
MMMMM... Single Grain Oatmeal!
My new shawl/wrap that my friend Stace knitted for me. (I LOVE IT!)
After her 2 month breast-fed bump, she is starting to even out.
And... I was told to go ahead and start giving her rice cereal. Will have to buy some at the store here next time and finish cleaning up her high chair. I'm sure she will LOVE sitting in her high chair next to mommy and daddy... don't know how she will feel about the cereal. ;)
It is Adam's (my husband's) 31st birthday today! :) WOOHOO!
We went out for dinner last Friday (kind of) for his birthday when we were in Des Moines. Adam is busy this week on an event, so who knows when he will be home tonight. However, it is still a special day! And, next Tuesday we go out to dinner with friends Alecia and Jesse to celebrate Adam and Jesse's birthdays -- Jesse's birthday is tomorrow. This will be our third year going out for dinner with them for the birthdays.
And... another special remembrance for today... a year ago today was when we found out I was pregnant with Julia. How crazy! And to think that we have a 4 mo old baby now! :)
Most of you don't know this... but while I was pregnant, I joined an online "Birth Month Club" forum and talked to women from all over the world. In October, about 30 of us started our own forum and talk to each other daily about... well, everything.
Just a few weeks ago, one of the gals moved from Chicago-area to Grimes (near Des Moines). I was so excited that one would be living so close to me! Yesterday we met up in Des Moines at one of the malls. Her son, Adam, is 16 days older than Julia and is super cute. Here is a picture of Julia and Adam together (Julia is sleeping...)
It was wonderful to meet Stephenie; she's such a kick! We had a lot fo fun yesterday!
Here are some newer pictures of Julia. She is a little turkey, our girl! She has figured out that cameras take pictures, and now doesn't seem to want to smile at the camera too often. However, every once in a while I get a good one of her.
"You're taking a picture of WHO? ME???"
"Hi, Mommy! I'm so cute!"
Mommy plays "photographer" again...
Terminator Baby -- We always wear our sunglasses when we go out for a walk (thank you, Claire!).
ROOSTER BABY! (This is right after we took her hat off... her hair was EVERYWHERE!)
A friend emailed this "About Me" email earlier this week and I figured I would answer the questions (that I wanted to answer) and post them here...
Have a good Sunday!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My middle name is after my grandpa John. (My middle name is Jo.)
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOUR CRIED? No idea. I’m recalling crying recently… but when it actually was, I couldn’t tell you.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No. My handwriting sucks. But that’s okay. That’s what happens when you spend all of your time on the computer. You handwriting muscles lose their focus (or so I have led myself to believe).
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Um. I don’t like lunchmeat very much. (Sorry, Alecia, but pepperoni is not a lunchmeat…!!! Hee, hee!) I guess summer sausage would be my favorite.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yep. A daughter, Julia. 6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes, why not? We all need weird and square friends.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Often.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? As far as I know.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Never.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Lucky Charms, followed by Cocoa Krispies.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Not usually; I don’t wear a lot of shoes with ties.
12. I thought this was a dumb question, so I deleted it.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Plain chocolate… or Blue Bunny’s Banana Split
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Lately I find myself looking at shoes (because Mary always has amazing shoes and I like shoes a lot…)… but otherwise, their eyes. And their physical attitude.
15. RED OR PINK? Um. I have to pick one? You are kidding… I refuse to pick one. I love them both!
16. I also didn’t like question 16. I’m not in the mood to rag on myself today.
17. WHAT COLOR PANTS & SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Jeans with a hole in the leg. (I should really patch that… hmm…) No shoes. I am barefoot and in my house right now.
18. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Grilled cheese.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The sound of my washer finishing its cycle.
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Fuchsia.
21. FAVORITE SMELLS? Clean laundry. Hands down.
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Jamey W.
23. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? The Packers
24. HAIR COLOR? brown
25. EYE COLOR? Greenish. Hazel.
26. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes. But I’m starting to think that I hate them.
27. FAVORITEFOOD? If chocolate is a food, then I pick chocolate.
28. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? If I have to pick one of these two, I go with Happy Endings.
29. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Hmm… The Mummy w/ Director Commentary. (Okay, we didn’t finish it yet, but I can’t remember the last movie I watched before that.)
30. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Black “Live Bait” T-shirt
31. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter. Hands down.
32. FAVORITE DESSERT? Lemon Meringue Pie or Cheesecake
33. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? “Chicks with Sticks (It’s a Purl Thing)” by Elizabeth Lenhard
34. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? No mouse pad
35. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Didn’t watch TV last night.
36. FAVORITE SOUND(S)? Julia’s laughter is very infectious and very cute. And I love the sound of rain and thunderstorms.
37. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles
38. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Brisbane, Australia
Hi, all! Julia was baptized today into her church here in Pella -- Trinity Reformed Church.f We had a really fun day!
Julia's grandparents (Ron & Marcia and Jeff & Sue) drove down from Wisconsin. Great-Grandpa John and Cousin Laila also came for a visit. Julia was baptized during the 10:45 service. After the baptism, Daddy sang a song called "Julia" by The Beatles. It was absolutely beautiful!
Here are a few pictures. When I have some video of the song, I hope to post it.
Julia and her cousin, Laila (my sister's oldest -- my sister has two -- Laila, 3.5 and Hannah, 2):
Adam, me, and Julia in front of the baptism banner:
The Family: (L - R) Adam's mom, Marcia; Adam's dad, Ron; my grandpa, John; me, my dad, Jeff; and my mom, Sue. Also included are Julia and cousin, Laila.
Adam's parents w/ Julia:
My parents w/ Julia:
Great-grandpa John w/ Julia:
Julia at home after the baptism; she will FINALLY wear a winter hat (without screaming), now that it is March. Ha.
And... here's a fun video of Julia today! Something fun and new!!! :)