Friday, December 25, 2009

Light

Last night was our church's Christmas Eve service, aptly titled "Light". Through song, scripture, and sermon, we were reminded that Christ is the Light of the World.

The service began at 11 pm. For various reasons, I wasn't partaking in the service (other than attending), and thankfully I was feeling well enough to go. We put Julia and Raven to bed at 8 pm in the hopes that they would sleep a couple of hours, and they did. I got them up at 10:30 and packed them into the stroller and walked them to church in a light rain. (Thank goodness for a rain coat!)

Julia and I really enjoyed the service (minus the horrifying crying during the middle of a narrative when Julia bonked her head on the pew and lost a shoe... whoops!). The music was awesome (see video clip), and near the end of the service we all lit our candles. Julia even had a candle and she managed to light it and blow it out repeatedly without setting the church on fire.

It was a beautiful service and I feel fortunate that I was able to attend it and experience it with my family... most especially my girls. I had misgivings about taking a toddler and tiny baby to church in the middle of the night, but in the end, I'm ever so glad I did and I can see this service as being part of our future family traditions... it was simply amazing.

(Please note that this is a video. In order to view it, you must visit my blog. Thanks!)





(Please excuse how this picture turned out... I had a sleeping baby and a camera in one hand and was trying to hold onto Julia and her candle in the other to keep her from dropping the candle or lighting herself on fire, etc., etc. Ha! I thought it was a neat picture and wanted to share it with you!)

erin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Talk about multi-tasking!