Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Out, Out, Darn Gall Bladder

Wanted to post an update...

Went in at 6:30 am this morning, had a mite of lab work done, and then was admitted for my out patient surgery to have my gall bladder removed (if you ever need out patient surgery at Pella, you are "lucky"... the area is quite beautiful and very patient-considerate!).  I went in around 8 am and have no idea what time it was when I finally woke up.  My friend Nancy was kind enough to come and hang out with me while I chatted her ear off (more than normal; drugs, ha!).  We got back to my house around 12:15 pm, and after getting settled, I took a nap until 3:30 pm. 

I am not feeling the greatest and mostly think that this should have not been an out patient surgery; I honestly feel worse right now than I did after I had my C-section, if that is even possible.  But, I have some good pain meds and otherwise great help at home, and I'm able to walk and talk and eat, so all is well.  :)

Many thanks to everyone who has been so helpful the last week... mom was great to come down and help prior to my surgery, my mother-in-law is here right now and watched Raven all day, got Julia ready to go to daycare today, and is picking Julia up as well.  And, Nancy was so wonderful to take Julia to daycare and to hang out with me all morning and make sure I got home in one piece!  There are many other folks... too many to name... who have been such awesome help and support in the last month and I am very, very blessed.  Blessed beyond belief!  Thank you!

love,
erin

1 comment:

Nuke said...

Hope you feel better soon!!! Stop blogging and get some REST. :P