Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Ode to Harry Potter

Hee.

I have been reading the Harry Potter books (again, sort of) and have been watching the movies as well. I read books #1 - 4 back in the day before movie #1 even came out, but after the movie came out and I watched it, I became disenchanted and stopped.

Well, fast forward about 6 years and the buzz around movie #6 caused me to want to dive in again, so I started with book #1 and then watched movie #1 and so on and so forth. I finished book #6 recently, and while I haven't seen the movie yet, I've started book #7. I finished #6 with tears and have been told I'll need Kleenex for #7. It's been a lot of fun and I really think they are fabulous books (and I'm enjoying the movies too).

One day a couple of weeks ago, I was readying Raven to go out, and I put a little jacket on her. When I saw her in it, I immediately thought she looked like a witch -- a cute, good, Harry Potter-like baby witch. ;) So, this picture is my Ode to Harry Potter.

Photobucket

I'm looking forward to finishing #7, just to see how it ends, and already I'm consumed with a sickness to start them again... BUT, I have other books calling me... so maybe 'someday'.

erin

No comments: