Tuesday, July 7, 2009

One Step Closer to Real

Surprise!

I had an ultrasound today.

After two months of thinking that I would never have one this pregnancy, measuring big this last week warranted one and I had an ultrasound at the hospital this morning.

First, I have to say, the hospital remodel is amazing. AMAZING. I am really glad I will not be left to wander in there on my own when this baby is due, as I'm pretty sure we'd be giving birth in the middle of the hallway because I would be lost forever in the new arrangement of the place. Everything has been moved... even OB! We might need to take a refresher class just to go on the tour again. Ha!

Second, I don't think I could ever EVER tire EVER of having ultrasounds. It is amazing to see inside of there and see something that really DOES look like a baby! (By the way, I'm going to wager that this one is every bit as cute as Julia, based on the pictures I saw today! Ha!)

Third, I must have a curse on me. Regardless of the fact that I wanted to find out, the tech could not tell with any real certainty whether this baby is a boy or a girl. Seriouly, what gives? Ha. You would think that a hex had been put on me or something... almost 30 weeks, and that butterball was curled up so tight in there, the tech couldn't really see much of anything very well. Shoot.

The computer and printer were working a bit wonky today, so I only got a few pictures, but they are cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The baby was sticking its tongue out at us quite a bit, moving around like crazy, and pretty much its hands and feet are all together on my lower left side and its butt is up on the upper right side... which means that sore rib from Julia's pregnancy is going to be in for it in a couple of weeks.

The baby has pretty long legs, and the tech asked if my husband was tall. The baby is right around 3.5 lbs, which is a good weight to be at 30 weeks (I will be 30 weeks on Thursday). She said it is a little late to do a sizing ultrasound, since at this point, babies grow at different rates and whatnot, so I could be due anywhere from September whatever to September whenever. Ha! I am due the 17th, but the sizing showed the 12th... but, that could be up to a few weeks off. So, I doubt we will change course very much!

Regardless, I am excited to start the planning of the actual birth date...! For a while I was kind of bummed about all of this being a planned C-section and whatnot, but what's the point of a bad attitude? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, so now I am excited about it, and I suppose really, it fits my personality better anyway! Hopefully we will know more in August.

My next appointment is July 22, when I will be just shy of 32 weeks. Then I start going every other week... wow!

The title of my post... well... I have to say, hearing the heartbeat... the kicks and jabs... I *know* there is a baby in there... but seeing it on the screen was really a "WOW" moment for me today. In less than 10 weeks, we are going to meet our new little child. WOW.

erin

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh, Erin, I can't wait to see the little guy/gal in real life pictures in... 8? weeks?! She/he is for sure already a looker! I love your attitude about the planned C. I will be sure to have you remind me of it next time I'm pregnato and hear I'm going to have to have a planned C too. : )