Saturday, July 11, 2009

Fun Saturday Purchases

With the quilting of the wall hanging on the horizon, Julia and I took a trip to our local quilt shop (Vande Lune Fabrics) and checked out quilting threads and templates today. I was also in need of some paper-backed fusible web for a project (the next project on my mind), so I wanted to pick up some of that as well.

I took along two threads I already possessed (the two on the right) and leftover scraps from the wall hanging. I picked up a few new spools.

Photobucket

Also, I looked at templates and picked up a few as they are rather cheap, and whether or not they are used on this quilt, I will most likely use them in the future. I'm very excited to get started!

Photobucket

And... a picture of the fusible web. I have never used any for a project, so while I had an idea of what I was after, thankfully when I said, "Fusible web?" to my shop owner, she said, "For fusible applique?" and upon my nod and "Yes", she pulled out exactly what I needed. YAY!

Photobucket

So... maybe these pictures aren't so exciting or inspiring to you... but they make my mouth water! Ha! Yay!

erin

No comments: