Saturday, July 11, 2009

Baby (in the) Pool

Today before Julia and I took a walk up town to purchase sewing accoutrements, we filled up the baby pool. It was a rather warmish sort of day, so I figured she'd enjoy a dip in the pool after her afternoon nap.

Well, after we came home from shopping (and checking out the car show on the square and purchasing some yummy cookies from Jaarsma's), I let Julia out of her stroller. I figured we would play outside for a bit before her nap.

I kicked off my shoes and stepped in the pool, never thinking for half a second that Julia would want to climb in the pool. The last two times we played in the pool, she sat on the outside and splashed in the water.

Well, as Adam pointed out earlier tonight, "monkey see, monkey do", and Julia stepped right into the pool... socks, shoes, shorts, and shirt!!! And to add to that, she plunked right down on her butt and started splashing. She was having a grand ol' time.

So, I stripped her down to her diaper, laid her clothes out to dry on the grass, and let her play to her hearts content. She had a wonderful time. And, at 2 pm, she went down for her nap and slept for 3.5 hours!!!

After dinner, I took her outside to play on the swing (she was in a new / dry outfit), and she ran right for the pool! However, I said, "no" and she stopped. But, the second I let down my guard... in she went again!!! This time I had the camera with me.

I suppose we won't be going outside much anymore if the pool is filled with water unless Julia is wearing a bathing suit. Ha! After her dip in the pool, I took her inside and put her in the tub... she was full of dirt and grass from wanting to go down the slide and swing and such.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

erin

No comments: