Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Update from My Hospital Bed

Good evening!

It has been a wonderful and busy day today. I thought I would post a few updates.

........ We are heading home tomorrow! Right now, that is the plan. Unsure as to when yet, but Adam will be waiting to hear from me and will come and bring us home.

........ Julia will be having a much-needed day at daycare tomorrow... I am so glad we ended up deciding to send her to daycare one day a week! She needs her routine, and Adam needs a bitty break... he is not used to being a Stay At Home Parent and I know he has had a tiring couple of days.

........ Raven is a nursing champ but also a very sleepy girl so we have been having to wake her up to feed her and such. She had her billi levels checked today, and while they are high, hopefully she will even out over the next few days and not need the lights. She has been a very good... calm, content, quiet... baby... I'm waiting for the fallout when we get home. Ha!

........ Julia adores her little sister and wants very badly to love on her. She asked to hold her no less than five different times while she was here today and was excited to have her wish granted more often than not. Something I should have expected but was hoping wouldn't happen yet... she was also asking to hold her as in CARRY her... she would come up to me while I was holding Raven and ask me to give Raven to her. So she could walk with her... somewhere. I would shuffle her little butt over to the chair and let her hold Raven. Note to self... must work hard on that at home so Julia does not randomly pick up Raven from tummy time or out of the swing or bouncy chair.

........ I am feeling well and have been a "good girl" and am taking my pain meds. I know the next few days / weeks will be rough acclimating to being a Mom of Two and also trying to recover from my C-section.

........ We have received a lot of compliments on Raven's name, which is fun... but sadly, we don't have a good story to go with how we came about it! Ha! :) Raven was mentioned by one of us a month or so ago, it made the list, then it made the short list, and last week that is what I decided on after Adam said I could make the final decision. I love her name and it already seems to fit her. :)

........ A thanks to our visitors over the last few days... Alecia, Amy, Linda, Chrissy, Gene, Nancy, and Racheal (and Amy and Alecia again too!). It was wonderful to share this experience with you as our first visitors to see our little bundle of love.

........ A thanks to the Rozenboom family for babysitting Julia tonight so that Adam and I could enjoy our "Stork Dinner"... I am sure she had a fun time with Hayden and Nile!

........ A thanks to our daycare provider Linda for the care of Julia on Sunday. I know that was the best possible place for Julia to be for a long and unscheduled sort of day... she was at ease and had a good time and knowing that was such a blessing!

........ A thanks to everyone for the emails, FB messages, and phone texts/messages and the well-wishes that came along with them.

........ And... a thanks to my wonderful husband... he has been exceptional this week and has done numerous things, including the hardest -- helping Julia with her transition and being there for her when mommy can't be, and he has done it all without complaint. I am glad that he is my husband and the father to my daughters... I cannot tell you how truly wonderful he is and how much I love him!

Hugs and love to you all! More pictures and video to come over the next few days...! I would do so right now, but the Power of the Sleeping Baby on Mommy's Chest is enough to keep me from attempting to reach the camera cable. ;) Hee!

erin

No comments: