Friday, August 7, 2009

A Trip to the Zoo

Yesterday Julia and I met friends in Des Moines and took our first trip to the Blank Park Zoo. I have been wanting to take Julia to the zoo for over a year now... I had a feeling that she would really enjoy it, but it never seemed like the "right" time. Well, yesterday, we finally went and it was wonderful fun! (Even though mildly too warm for mama! HA!)

Mama, GIVE ME THAT CAMERA!
Photobucket

Enthralled by the fish... she kept making her fish mouth and looking at me to show me she knew they were fish.
Photobucket

Checking out the goats... the goats were 'okay' until they got too close to the fence and they would scare her a little and she would crawl back into her stroller.
Photobucket

However, Julia loved the big fiberglass cow (in the kid area that you could pretend to milk). I thought that was amusing.

In front of the giraffes... Julia kept saying, "Whee! Whee!" I said, "Nope, we are not riding one of those things...!"
Photobucket

(I am 34 weeks pregnant in that picture... considering it a belly shot! Ha!)

After the zoo, we went to see someone about a double stroller (Thank you, Craigslist...! Thank you, Husband Who Reminded Me About How Evil and Fun Craigslist Is!)... and we are now the proud owners of a double stroller for Julia Plus One.

Then we killed an hour at Target, as we were planning to meet up with Adam (totally impromptu) at dinner time. Adam was serving at Jimmy Carter Happy Hour at El Bait Shop last night.

El Bait Shop = Great Beer Bar / Eatery in Downtown Des Moines
Jimmy Carter Happy Hour = Every Thursday, a homebrewer serves up a homebrew for free to anyone who wants to drink it. (Those that drink it typically tip the homebrewer.)

Adam serves once every few months. He drained two kegs in 1.5 hours last night and made a good chunk in tips. YAY!

Enjoying mama's burger...
(For some reason, about halfway through the super delicious burger, the smell of the meat made me gag and I couldn't eat it anymore, but Julia loved it.)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Julia and Mama...
Photobucket

Enjoying the bike rack outside of El Bait Shop.
Photobucket

Julia was a trooper; we had to park four blocks away in a ramp due to a baseball game being played at Principal Park, and four blocks is a bit too far for me to carry her (at least, the full way). I carried her most of the way TO El Bait Shop, but I made her walk about 3 of the 4 blocks back to the car... she did fabulously. Slow, but fabulously. :)

We arrived home at about 8:15 pm, and after unloading the car, I put Julia to bed. Thankfully she went right down without a fuss! :) What a fun day!

erin

No comments: