Monday, August 31, 2009

2 weeks = 14 days

Wow.

When you are pregnant and know you could have a baby any second (or any day, really), it is one thing.

It is yet another to actually KNOW that you will have a baby on or before a specific date and thus begins the countdown to that specific date... in this house, specifically September 14... which is 14 days from today.

Last Friday was 17 days and I thought I had all the time in the world but subconsciously I must have known not because while normally I am the person in this house who is on top of things but on top of things at the last minute, this last weekend I was actually simply on top of things and not in a rushed manner at all.  I think I even slightly impressed my husband.  House cleaned for Wednesday's quilt class?  Check.  Ask lawn boy to come mow before our grass overtakes the house again?  Check.  My whole list of things to do for the weekend done...?  Well... almost a 'check'... since the ironing was gleefully neglected for a Harry Potter book last night. 

Regardless, subconsciously or not, I felt pretty good last night going to bed thinking I had a number of things done and under control and then BAM, it was MONDAY and WOW, today means only 14 days until this baby is BORN OUT OF MY WOMB AND HOLY CATS, THERE ARE ONLY 14 DAYS LEFT?  HOW DID THAT COME UP ON US SO QUICKLY?

Today a whole new set of lists was made and emails sent and meetings planned and... getting the picture?  And yet, I realized that not everything on those lists will be done in the next 14 days and that I will need to accept defeat sooner than later... but that's okay too.  In 14 days it all won't matter because I will be a mom of TWO!  YAY!  How fun is that?!  I'm so excited!

Wait... only 14 days????????

Ha.

So.  14 days.

erin

No comments: