Thursday, August 27, 2009

37

Today I am 37 weeks pregnant... and yet again I will say, I cannot believe how quickly the time has flown by!

While I am still 3 weeks away from my "due date", my C-section is scheduled for a short 18 days from now... September 14th! WOW!

Today was my latest round of doctor appointments... a check-up with my OB and a consult with the surgeon.

Total Weight Gain: 25 lbs

Difference from Last Appointment: +0 lb (Guess I should eat cake regularly more often! HA!)

Baby's Heartbeat: 150's

Fundal height (belly measurement): 38 cm / 38 weeks (No change from last week, but no concern there.)

Blood Pressure: 110/70

Today's my doctor's daughter started kindergarten (she turned 6 on the 22nd), so he was running a little late to work and came to work in a t-shirt and shorts. I heard my nurse say in the hallway that she didn't think I would care how he was dressed, so in he came. Hee! He had a student doctor with him and was teaching him how to do all the measurements and whatnot. It was a routine appointment and we mostly talked about late summer birthdays and They Might Be Giants.

After my OB appointment, I had a consult with the surgeon. It was pretty much a gathering of information that I'm pretty sure at least five other areas of the hospital and clinic already have on me... and then a rundown of all of the possible things that could go wrong during a C-section and okay, that is that and do you have any questions. I said... uh, yah. What about the day of? Where do I go? What do I do? He told me that OB would be calling in the next couple of weeks and talking me through things... but... HA!... if I didn't hear anything, I should maybe call them. Umm. Right.

Biggest waste of a co-pay EVER.

However... all in all, life is really good! I've been enjoying the rain the last few days and am seriously looking forward to the weather for the next week or so (yay for low 70s!).

And, I have a Wonderful Husband! Adam took time off of work this morning to come home and watch Julia so that I didn't need to find a sitter for her during my appointments; very sweet of him! :)

My next appointment is next Thursday (ooh, September already!).

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

erin

1 comment:

Ms. Jenny said...

How exciting to be SO close!! When you have that baby I'll be less than two months away from having mine. I'm so excited for you and hope to hear all about it. I only wish I could come and meet your babies someday soon. :) Get lots of rest!! You have 18 days!!!
-Jenny