Wednesday, August 5, 2009

34 Weeks Tomorrow

Good morning!

Today I had an OB appointment... yet another in the string of end-of-pregnancy appointments.

For those of you wondering about the details, here you are:

Total Weight Gain: 24 lbs

Difference from Last Appointment: +2 lb

I still have some ankle / foot swelling... it went away for about a week, but it came back Monday with fierceness due to traveling and hasn't gone away yet... boo.

Baby's Heartbeat: 150's

Fundal height (belly measurement): no idea... we were talking while he was measuring...

Blood Pressure: 113/70

My next appointment is on my birthday. How fun! I kidded that I would bring them birthday cake along with me (I probably will simply because it gives me a yummy excuse to have a birthday cake! Ha!)

Also, at my next appointment, I will be referred to surgery to set the date for the C-section... crazy!

It is hard to believe that in six weeks or less, we will be welcoming a new member to our family. WOW! It is pretty exciting, but so incredibly surreal. It might take until the actual C-section before it hits me that I'm going to be a Mother x 2.

I have been taking my new thyroid medication and other than that I seem to be less sleepy, I don't notice much change. I have needed less naps, at any rate, since starting it, but I can still tire myself out and need a good nap now and again. Hee.

Otherwise, things have been going well. However, I told the nurse I have been really tired and the reason is that I have been having 2 - 3 dreams EVERY NIGHT and most of them are bad. I know people dream a lot in general, but these are dreams I remember... dreams I wake up from and then lay awake for a few hours because of how horrid they are... ugh. Last night was no exception, even though Julia and I BOTH slept through the entire night, and this morning another one of sheer exhaustion.

This next little section might seemingly have nothing to do with being pregnant and might seem a bit "out there" for some of you... but hear me out.

When I talked with my doctor about it today, he asked if I thought it was spiritual warfare. WOW. Never had even crossed my mind, but as we talked about it more, it seems plausible. He asked how my faith walk was, how life in general was going, and we both came to the conclusion that since things ARE good right now in so many aspects of my life, the most susceptible I am to attack is while I am asleep. He also made mention of how often times some spiritual attacks seem focused on children... and that really caught me for a second... because most of my bad dreams are something horrid to do with Julia, and I wake up absolutely feeling distraught, fearful, and overly tired. As if I had been awake all night fighting and crying and pleading... wild, absolutely wild. So much of what he said made sense...

I want to write him a thank you card for thinking of this; it gives me something to focus on when praying over... especially since I have felt a strong need to pray lately, but I don't always know WHAT I should be praying over... God works, He works. I truly feel like He spoke today... and thankfully, my ears were open.

erin

No comments: