Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Post Slacker

I had a busy month in July and then the last couple of weeks my posting has taken a nose dive due to busy-ness in my life...!

What's been happening...

Sepia blogs... have been lacking because our scanner died, and I cannot scan in any pictures right now. This is not only putting a damper on my picture-scanning, but also on the other one million things I seem to scan on a regular basis... oy. Must start researching inexpensive scanners.

Teaching a class... is a lot of fun, but requires prep work too! I started teaching a hand-piecing class two weeks ago, and had my second class yesterday. It has been a lot of fun and the three gals taking the class are a hoot and wonderful to have around!

Work... has been been busy... working a lot of "extra" hours which has been a boost to our household, but of course, cuts back on my Internet time.

Family... has been visiting... Adam's brothers, sister, and spouses were here this last weekend! We had a good time with them... it was SO good to see them all! Julia was a great helper helping me clean the house last Thursday and then we had a lot of family time Friday through Sunday.

Readying... for the baby takes priority over things as well. It doesn't LOOK like I've done a lot to prep, but mentally I have and I have done things such as sort through boxes of baby clothes, wash them, separate them into pile, etc. And... readying... for a garage sale! We are having one on the 22nd so I have been busy digging through the hosue to determine what might go.

And reading... also seems to have taken some priority. Last week I read the first Harry Potter book again and then watched the movie, and this week I read Michael Crichton's "Next".

This week was busy between work and quilt guild. I was in Cedar Rapids on Monday for the day, and Tuesday was the Big Quilting Day... I had my hand-piecing class, a charity "sew-a-thon" that I attended from 3:30 - 7 pm, and then we had our monthly quilt guild meeting from 7 - 10 pm...! Long night! Wow!

Today was my doctor's appointment... and tomorrow we head to the zoo! I have been wanting to take Julia to the Blank Park Zoo for a long time now, and we are finally going. I hope to post pictures tomorrow night of our venture.

I hope you all are doing well!

Erin

No comments: