Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Kid Knows

Last night Julia and I helped Adam pack for his trip to Oakland, CA.  And, for the last few days, Julia has been watching me pack our suitcase for our trip to Anaheim (and surrounding area), CA.
This morning, when Julia woke up, before she let me pick her up out of her crib, she handed me EVERY blanket and stuffed animal in her crib.  Normally one blanket comes out of bed with us in the morning, but not ALL of them.
It was as if she was saying, "No way, no how, are you leaving me here."
I don't think she quite gets that she is actually COMING ALONG, but she knows SOMETHING is going on.  She knows I am leaving, and that alone has set off a storm this morning.  She has been super clingy, freaks out if I set her down on the floor for 10 seconds, and generally will not let me leave her sight without a whimper, scream, and a whole lot of tears.  Hopefully she'll get it when we are in the car together on our way to the airport, or it could be a LONG day.
We are off to run a few errands before we leave, and we'll be gone until Sunday night.  I know I will be back next week with all sorts of pictures and posts.  Until then, have a great weekend!
California, here we come! 
erin

No comments: