Monday, June 22, 2009

California Vacation: The Happiest Place on Earth

The Happiest Place on Earth.

Wishes become memories. Adventures abound. Where families come to play. Discover new thrills. Share the magic.

Disneyland.

On Thursday of our vacation (June 18), we woke up bright and early so that we could get an early start on the day at Disneyland. Julia and Xander enjoyed their first breakfast together.

Photobucket

Katie's aunt works at Disneyland, and she was able to get Wanda and I passes to Disneyland for free. So, we thought it would be an excellent time to take the kids to the park.

So, on Thursday morning Wanda and Xander, Katie and Jared (her husband) and Will (who is a couple of weeks older than Julia and Xander), and Julia and I packed into the minivan and headed to Disneyland.

Here are Wanda and me with Xander and Julia in front of the huge C-A-L-I-F-O-R-N-I-A sign posted at the entrance.

Photobucket

It was a beautiful sun-shiny day and we arrived at the park fairly early. I was unaware as to what was there to do with small kids, so I was pretty amazed by the number of attractions on which we could take them... and we didn't even hardly dig into what could be done!

There were a few times that Julia wanted OUT and wanted to walk... but she did well otherwise in the stroller.

Photobucket

Some of the things we did...

The Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters Adventure
The Enchanted Tiki Room
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

We also tooled around in Toon Town a bit, ate at Cafe Orleans, and the kidlets even caught a nap (all at the same time, no less!).

Photobucket

Here are the three of us (me, Katie, and Wanda) in front of the Disneyland Castle. Jared took this picture.

Photobucket

We all three bought the kids the Mickey Mouse Ear hats / caps. Each of them has their name embroidered on the back.

At Toon Town, we walked through part of Mickey Mouse's house... here is Julia with Jared, Katie's husband. She took a real liking to him over the weekend and let him carry her, walked with him, and pretty much tried to woo him. Hee.

Photobucket

Julia also got a shot at driving the big car in Toon Town.

Photobucket

Jared was amazing with all of the kids... well, amazing in general. Kids seem to take a real liking to him and it was amazing how well Julia adapted to being around "new" people the whole weekend. As my friend Wanda said tonight, he is the best baby wrangler in the world. He is also quite a talented artist...! I am looking forward to saving up some money to buy one of his pieces.

All of us were pretty much exhausted by late afternoon and enjoyed a bit of shopping. I bought Julia a Baby Cinderella, a cute Minnie Mouse shirt (which I am sure you will see a picture of in the near future, accompanying the ears), and some Princess Dolls. I must love my kidlet... these are the ONLY "souvenirs" managed to buy the entire weekend... I didn't even buy myself a post card!

We ate dinner at Jack in the Box (my first experience) and then headed back to the hotel and crashed. Julia and Xander both went down pretty well that night; we put them in their Pack 'N Play's in the room and sat in the hallway outside the room until they fell asleep. Of course, that gave Wanda and I some much needed/desired chat time. :)

It was a wonderful fun day, and I can't wait to post more pictures that Katie took... I am pretty sure she has some wonderful fun shots from the day as well!

erin

No comments: