Friday, June 12, 2009

An Added Note

I want to add this note to my latest blog post... I have to admit, regardless, this was one of the best car trips we have had with Julia. Seriously. It is easier and easier as she gets older, and the car trips are shorter and shorter. (Or, maybe I am more of a Speed Demon now than I was in the past.) For example, our normal 5.5 hour trip to Tomah only took us... 5.5 hours the other night. That was awesome! The main issue lies in the fact that the older she gets, the easier it seems for her to become bored of her books... and snacks... and drinks... and whatnot, because REALLY, she simply wants to be out and moving and physically play. I didn't regale you with our discussion of car seats and their evolution over the years, but I will also say that as Julia will be restrained for far more many years than Adam and I were, therein lies yet another reason for resorting to the use of electronic devices. If her body can't be active, we'll do as much as we can to keep her mind active in the car... even if that means singing "The Seven Days of the Week" song and hearing "We Want Cake! Where's our cake!?" and "Do the Double Dutch! Hula, hula!!!" in our sleep. Ha.

erin

No comments: