Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Postcards

You may or may not know this about me...

I collect postcards.

I am probably not a True Postcard Aficionado in that I do not keep them in binders, keep track of who gave them to me and when, or even take very good care of them. I have even been known to take a postcard from my collection and send it off to another person in the mail.

But, all the same, I love postcards and find that it is a fairly easy collection to maintain and all of my postcards are on a cork board in my office or in a drawer. (I would guess the cork board holds ~100 and the drawer contains ~300 or so.)

I thought to post about this, because as I was cleaning the dining room and the Horizontal Surfaces in the dining room (the clean of which is Long Overdue), I found a postcard that Adam (my husband) had brought home for me from his latest mission trip to Texas back in February. Adam tries very hard to find me a postcard from each trip he takes. One of the last mission trip postcards was of a bull of some sorts and the postcard was from Oklahoma. The postcards he finds for me on these trips have become a joke between us of sorts... I think that now in his quest, not only does he try to find me a postcard, but one that is... not necessarily of True Postcard Material. We have a good laugh when he brings home postcards.

I thought I would share with you the latest... and maybe you'll get a good laugh too when you realize why I say it is not of True Postcard Material. But, all the same, it is a postcard, and maybe one day it will make it on the board.


Maybe in the future I will post pictures of some of my favorite postcards. And, if you are ever on a trip and are near postcards or want to hunt and find me an obnoxious one, I'd be most grateful.

erin

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

that's an Odd postcard?

Erin said...

Exactly. Odd. Not quite True Postcard Material. ;)

Melinda said...

I have two for you. I can only find one of them right now, but when I find the second I will mail them off to you along with some other things I have been meaning to send.

Becky said...

I used to collect postcards, but then I didn't know what to do with them, so I'm not even sure I have them anymore... Once I had thought about putting them in albums, but I never got around to it. I love sending them now, I'll have to make sure I drop one in the mail for you!

Erin said...

Becky -- That'd be super cool. :) I am happy that at least they don't take up much space, aren't breakable, and don't seem to collect much dust. ;)

erin