Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hey, Baby!

Today was my 2nd OB appointment with my Awesome Doctor and Saint of a
Nurse. *sigh* They are wonderful.

A few things I noted today:

-- Regardless of the amount of stress or how wildly my emotions swing,
I still manage to maintain a good blood pressure: 112/70

-- This baby is going to be a stinker and from here on out will be
affectionately known as The Stinker. It took the doctor about 5 - 10
minutes (okay, I am guessing, because it felt like an ETERNITY) to
find the heartbeat today. Silly Little Bugger. Heartrate today: 170
bpm

-- I gained 4 lbs this last month. Whoops. I attribute this to:
drinking soda (bad), not sleeping enough (bad), and being a bit
stressed (bad).

-- I love my nurse. As in, I really love her. She may as well be
family. When a different nurse came to get me today, I about crumbled
to the ground (emotional much?) and started crying. I kindly asked
where Joan was and the nurse said she was busy and she would be with
me soon. (Whew. Sigh of Relief.)

-- My doctor is wonderful. Aside from taking care of the normal
doctor/patient stuff, he was kind enough to listen to me about Life
Stuff, and kindly and with assuredness reminded me that God is my Rock
and He is in Control. I needed that reminder today. Thank you, Dr.
C! (Ditto, Joan!)

-- Right now I am 14 weeks and some days along. I feel GREAT (other
than the lack of sleep thing). I am pleasantly surprised at how good
I have felt thus far in this pregnancy.

-- My next appointment is April 22. Woohoo!

erin

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

ok, i'm recording my guess now... GIRL.

The Skinny Turtle said...

ACK! That little bean is making you work every time to hear it's precious heartbeat! Hopefully it'll get out all it's orneryness in the womb and come out a sweet angel. =)

I am so excited for you! Here are some girl names that popped into my head... can you email me or something with the names Adam came up with? Mine are more... traditional. ;-) hee hee

Charlotte, Norah, Eleanor, Kate :-D, Susanna, Jillian, Ava, Vivienne, Liberty, Sydney, Natalie

I just love names. =)

The Skinny Turtle said...

Ok, a few more name ideas for you. =)

Heidi, Valerie, Janae, Maya, Charissa, Abigail, Amalie, Claire, Samantha, Sofia, Genevieve, Grace

Hee hee, i just LOVE names!! =)