Monday, May 4, 2009

Tulip Time, the Llama Flu, and Other Life Events...

I haven't blogged for a while because life has been sort of hectic...
and not because the calendar is overly busy either...!

About two weeks ago, Julia came down with what seemed like a sinus
infection that really was a cold, and it included mucus-y eyes.
(Gross, eww!) I did a little doctoring and her eyes started to clear
up within a few days, but not before I came down with what she had.
She became ill on a Tuesday... by Friday (April 24) I had a stuffy
head and wasn't wearing my glasses for the grossness coming out of my
eyeballs. (Gross, eww!)

Now, I am not one much for going to the doctor and I pretty much just
thought it was a cold and it would go away on its own. And, if you
have ever been pregnant, you might know that it seems when you get
some sort of illness, it lasts way longer than it should... ha!
Seriously, though, everything I have ever had while pregnant seems to
be more severe, last longer, etc., than it did in the person from whom
I caught it.

So, it didn't surprise me that all this last week, I wasn't feeling
100%... but what did surprise me was that I wasn't getting better...!
In fact, I just have gotten worse and worse! I have had a good day
here and there, but then bam, I am right back in the thick of it.

In the midst of this being ill, the H1N1 (formerly known as Swine) Flu
came out, and after much joking and stealing the name from a friend, I
decided I had the Llama Flu. (Ha!) Thankfully Julia has not seemed
to have contracted the Llama Flu back from me and seems to be healthy
and has been for about a week. Adam also seems to be escaping this
dastardly thing that I have.

Also in the midst of being ill, I had two costumes and a quilt binding
to finish by Tulip Time, because I am a bit of a procrastinator. In
the few hours that I stayed awake long enough last week to do
anything, I managed to finish the two costumes (one for Julia and then
really just part of a costume for my friend's son, Ben), and then
really committed a Cardinal Sin by taking about 15 hours of
hand-binding and chopping it down to 2 hours of MACHINE STITCHED
(GASP!!!) binding on my quilt... done, done, done!

Tulip Time starts on Thursday but of course one million other things
have to happen before then. Today I take the quilt in to be hung for
the show... tomorrow we have an "appearance" in our costumes...
tomorrow some time I need to bake two pies for church... tomorrow
night is a meeting for the quilt guild prior to the show starting...
Wednesday our quilt show starts... and then Tulip Time starts on
Thursday and we are in a parade... Adam's parents are coming... my
aunt and cousin are visiting as well... it will be a busy week!

So... I broke down and called the doctor today, seeing as how I am
getting no better, have been sick for 12 days, and am ready for this
eye goopiness (Gross, eww!) to be gone, gone, gone! I am terrified of
re-infecting Julia, and I am sick and tired of not sleeping because I
am coughing all the darn time and waking up with my eyes glued shut
(Gross, eww!).

Do I complain much? Ha!

Oh, I forgot, I am pregnant too...! Hee!

Other things have been going on as well... Adam had a great weekend
working on his canoe (see pictures in the canoe post) doing some
fiberglass and such with his friend Lee who was kind enough to come
and help. The canoe is looking beautiful and I know I have turned a
corner and truly believe Adam is capable of finishing it prior to this
baby being born...! Go, honey, go! It has been neat to see the
progress of the canoe over the last year and it will be awesome to see
it finished and to take it out on the water.

Also, my dear friend Angela came to visit this last Saturday and she
was just to boost of energy I needed to get out and do some garage
sale-ing, walk around to view the tulips uptown, and plant some
flowers in my barren planters. it was wonderful to see her too, and I
know Julia enjoyed showing off for the day!

Soon I'll be posting pictures of Julia and I in our costumes... it
will be a whirlwind of a week, but we are all looking forward to it!

later, my friends!
erin

No comments: