Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Foiled but Not Defeated

8:30 AM

8:30 AM... and I am already blogging about today.

While helping Adam pick up the garage last night after he did a bunch
of sawing of wood, I noticed The Ladder... as in, the Most Awesome
Ladder We Own. So, after breakfast, I went out and brought in this
Glorious Ladder, now the 5th (yes, 5th) ladder in the entrance /
hallway area of the house. It is so awesome because it has a PAINT
TRAY on it. Yay! Will be so helpful for the non-stairwell part of
the hallway.

But also, I realized that THIS ladder was EXACTLY the ladder I needed
to remove the hallway light fixture.

I tested out a few positions and found the perfect spot for it. After
burning my fingers a tad on the HOT light fixture, I got it unscrewed
and got the glass part off. Only then did I realize that the ring,
which is the part I absolutely need off so as not to paint it, was not
coming off. Wouldn't you know? The ring is FOAMED TO THE CEILING.
HA!

Foiled by the ring.

Oh, well. I will simply tape around it, I guess.

I finished sanding my plaster. YAY! It seems stuck on there pretty
well. We'll see how it handles paint.

Off to vacuum up the dust from sanding and then on with priming.

(By the way, I love the Paper Mache Inventor EVEN MORE today. Rock
solid. Solid, I say.)

later,
erin

No comments: