Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hallway Project: Tuesday

Yesterday was a big day in the hallway project. If I could get a lot done yesterday, I would know today would be manageable and the project could be completed.

To say I am 'tired' or 'worn down' would be an understatement... fatigue has entered my brain and I have no witty remarks today.

However... after 13 long hours yesterday, and a reboot of the self-confidence, I managed to...

... finish priming the hallway...
... paint the ceiling...
... apply the base color for the Venetian Plaster walls...
... apply a texture coat to the non-Venetian Plaster walls (which are now home-made Venetian Plaster walls)...
... and put away all of the supplies I don't need to get through the day.

I am sure many of you will be glad to hear that I am deathly afraid of the ladder and the ladder and I had some serious trust issues yesterday. They were resolved, but how remains a secret (again, to protect myself).

Here is a picture of the trimming out of the base color:

Photobucket

Here is a picture of the walls after the basecoat is done... the color does NOT do the walls justice at all... guess you will just have to come and see it for yourself!:

Photobucket

My invention of Home-Made Venetian Plaster... YES, it can be done and YES, it worked like a charm... Patching Plaster mixed with color-tinted paint... apply to walls like plaster (see application trowel on top of paint bucket):

Photobucket

The results of the home-made Venetian Plaster project:

Photobucket

Putting supplies away:

Photobucket

Today is very specific...

... apply first coat of Venetian Plaster to gray-blue walls...
... while that is drying, apply final coat of paint to yellow-orange (Evening Glow) walls...
... touch up ceiling with ceiling paint...
... remove tape from hallway light fixture...
... final coat of paint on attic opening...
... apply second coat of Venetian Plaster to gray-blue walls...
... clean up.

Sounds like a lot, but shouldn't be too terribly bad. I figured out a good rhythm of the plastering technique last night with my home-made plaster, and I had even compared the home-made with the premade to make sure my textures were about the same so I would know what I was dealing with today.

So... here goes nothing...!

erin

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

ok, i WILL not tell you if i think the homemade stuff looks better than the boughten stuff.... don't want to make u cry or anything ;o) but i do think the yellow looks FABULOUS!!!!! go DIY queen!!!!!