Friday, October 26, 2007

GEMS Theme Night: Being a "True Princess"

Wednesday night (10/24/2007) at church, we had our annual GEMS Theme Night.
(GEMS = Girls Everywhere Meeting the Savior -- Girls' Club for the Reformed Church)

Theme Night was all about learning what it means to be a "True Princess" of the King (Jesus/God).

So... the counselors got all decked out in their finest gear, the church basement was decorated for a tea party, and a crowning station was set up.

Each counselor and GEMS girl was crowned with a sparkling crown that night. I was the "True Princess" and read a story from a book called "The True Princess" that night, and then the girls worked on their "Royal Scrolls" with their counselors, while enjoying punch and cookies / bars.

Being as how I'm 8 / 9 months pregnant now (today is 36 weeks... 4 weeks -- give or take -- to go), I wasn't quite sure what to wear, but got the bright idea that I could probably fit into the dress I wore for my sister's wedding four years ago. Sure enough, Adam was able to squeeze me into it! Thank goodness it had an empire waist... that was the only way I had any chance!

Here are a few pictures from the night! :)

(me in my Princess dress)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(the counselors)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(my class - 7th grade! My co-counselor, Alecia, is in the back on the right in the brown sweater. Our junior counselor, Jenna, is behind me -- pink sweater / white skirted dress.)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Erin

No comments: