Tuesday, April 24, 2012

(Maybe) Irrational Fears

I have developed two irrational fears in the last week regarding this pregnancy.

  1. I have dreams about falling down the stairs and hurting myself and my child.  Due to this, I have been avoiding stairs at work as much as possible, especially when I am carrying something.
  2. I am highly concerned that my water will break at work.  I never had this fear with my other two kids because I worked from home and it was a non-issue.  I also lived only 7 blocks from the hospital.  Now I work in an office 22 miles away from home, 25 miles away from the hospital, and on any given day, it can take anymore from 35 minutes to 1.25 hours to get from here to there.  I have no fear that I would go into actual labor and deliver a baby on the shoulder of I-70.  However, I am afraid of standing up and having amniotic fluid go everywhere.  So I brought a towel to work.  Because, you know, that will help.
I've entered the last three weeks (or less) and suffice to say that the crazy is starting to take over....................

erin

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

HA HA HA!!! I love your brand of crazy. :o)