Monday, April 30, 2012

37w3d

I just returned from my last midwife appointment… I have my pre-op with my surgeon/OB next Tuesday, and that’s that!  Forgive the muddled post… there are things I wanted to write and remember and they aren’t all that well grouped. 

Today I weighed in at +6 lbs; still amazing to me.  The midwife said at this point that the baby weighs more than I’ve gained.  I’m already measuring at 40 weeks, and she says I am “all baby”, and she wouldn’t be surprised if our baby was “in the 8’s”.  Julia was 7lb3oz, Raven was 7lb12oz, so I guess it holds to the old wives' tale that they either get bigger or get smaller as you have more… we’ll see what happens!  I better throw another outfit in the bag, though, as Julia and Raven’s ‘going home’ outfit was for babies up to 8lbs, and we don’t need this little one popping out of the outfit!

The midwife said my uterus seemed tired too, just based on feeling my stomach.  It should, as I’ve had contractions on and off for five days now… they started last Wednesday early morning and I had “false labor” for about 72 hours straight, and have had random contractions here and there since then.  I didn’t have this with either Julia or Raven, so it’s a new experience for me, and very tiring.  I don’t mean to complain, but it’s just truth that I don’t sleep well at all anymore and it’s hard to get comfortable sitting anywhere… my favorite place is the Adirondack chair on the back porch, but it would be silly to sleep out there.  Again… another new experience, as with both Julia and Raven it was Go, Go, Go! right up to the last day, and right now all I can think about from the minute I wake up in the morning is, “When can I rest next?”  Ha!

Lots of people have mentioned that I’m all belly and all out front and there’s a lot of truth in that.  This baby is lower than the other two were (so hey, I have NO problem breathing!) – I think the baby has dropped in the last week or so.  It’s funny/fun to try and find a shirt to wear on any given day that will cover everything it needs to, and I detest pants because the maternity band on them hurts too much… too bad I only have two skirts!  Two weeks to go… we can do it!

I’m anxious that might have this baby before we’re scheduled to on the 15th… starting to wonder if we shouldn’t have gone with the 11th when the midwife suggested it… but it’s all good and things will go as they should… no reason to worry and no reason to be anxious… the timing will be perfect and all will be well… I keep reminding myself of that.  :)

Off to take my very last test for my very last class and then I’m done with school for the semester… some work to do tonight, and then going to take it easy the rest of the week. 

erin

No comments: