Friday, March 2, 2012

29 Weeks

It’s no secret that I’ve hardly blogged a sentence about this pregnancy… baby #3!  Certainly it’s not on purpose; simply a change in pace and lifestyle.  I was amazed today when I realized, holy cats, I am 29 weeks pregnant, which means I have less than 11 weeks before this baby is born… if the baby is born the day we think it might be, that’s 2 months and 12 days from now, or that baby could come sooner… who is to say!

My pregnancy itself has been going well; my numbers are good, I received my gestational diabetes results (I do NOT have it – yay!  I wasn’t even worried…), and I’m already going every other week… wow!

Up until my last appointment, I was at 0 lbs gained – YES, ZERO – but that time it was +3.  However, we think it was due to fluid/swelling in my legs, and the swelling has subsided again, so it’ll be interesting to see where I’m at next Friday.  I can’t lie; it’s a good feeling not having gained much, because I had a little more to start with than the last two times and it’d be nice to lose weight when this baby is born… ha!

Both girls (Julia and Raven) are already “in love” with the baby and like to protect my belly, caress my belly, kiss my belly, make sure it’s covered (Raven fuh-reaks out if any part of my belly is exposed – she wants to keep the baby “safe”), etc.  They are excited to meet the baby… Julia wants to be “The Mommy”… and every time I ask Raven about being a big sister, she tells me that she is a cat, so I can only assume that’s positive.

We’ve had to put a baby gate up in the entrance to the baby’s room, because the girls have re-discovered the crib, baby toys, and baby books, and we have found them in the crib going to town, jumping up and down on the mattress, only to yell that they are stuck and cannot get out (oh, yeah, I’m THAT lucky – neither my 2 or 4 year old has figured out how to get OUT of a crib yet…HA! – unfortunately they HAVE figured out how to get IN!).

Most days I’m pretty excited to meet this new little wonder and to have maternity leave and spend some precious time with the new baby and the girls… and occasionally there are days where I wish I could keep the little bugger in there another 6 – 8 months just to relish being pregnant a bit longer. Smile

Anyway… just a quick update for you all…

Erin

No comments: