Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lots to Say…

… no stamina to say it.

Suffice to say that I have had a blogging block for… almost a year now?  Almost since Adam left for beer school in February?  (Thank goodness for Adam posting while he was gone!)

Regardless, there’s lots going on and lots to say.  So this is going to be a really random post of items not even remotely related to each other, but hopefully it will prompt me to get back on the blogging horse.

1.  I haven’t officially posted on my blog, but I am pregnant!  Actually today I am 21 weeks pregnant with our 3rd child.  My next appointment is next Wednesday, January 11.  Adam, the girls, and I are very excited to welcome a new baby into the home.

photo

2.  We flew to Wisconsin in mid-December to visit some of my family and Adam’s family for the holidays.  We were pretty “lean” and managed our trip with two suitcases, one carry-on, two car seats, and two kids – that included ALL of our presents.  We returned home with the same amount of luggage.  We had a great time spending time with Adam’s family, but we could have done without Raven getting sick on our last day there.

3.  It breaks my heart to share that Adam’s grandma, Dolores, passed away last Friday (the 30th).  She was an amazing woman and very much the center of her family.  A beautiful obituary was written for her and can be read here.  Adam flew home yesterday (Wednesday) to attend the funeral and will be returning home tomorrow.

grandma

4.  We enjoyed a wonderful time with my parents here over Christmas; the girls had a great time spending time with Papa and Grammy (I did post about that).

5.  We enjoyed a fun New Year’s Eve with a couple that Adam met through the Yak & Yeti.  We brought the kids with and the girls played great with their kids and we enjoyed a great time chatting and playing games and eating.

6.  I actually used my sewing machine to make a project about a week ago… it felt great!  It’s been MONTHS.  Looking forward to getting back in there again!  (Even if the project didn’t turn out exactly as I would have liked it.)

7.  The baby’s room has been painted a wonderful sky blue, which has caused quite a bit of confusion as to whether we’re having a boy or girl (we don’t know!), and I am planning to decorate with clouds and kites and rainbows and hot air balloons… whatever suits my fancy, really.  Very excited about it.  And I even put the dresser together by myself.

8.  Adam had his gall bladder removed on December 21, and while it’s been a mite painful recovery for him, he is doing well and hopefully will have his weight restriction lifted this next week.  And yay, NO MORE gall bladder attacks!  Woohoo!  He did end up staying in the hospital overnight; apparently his gall bladder was “very ugly” and was growing into his liver, which was causing his weird liver numbers and also has some very odd special medical name, which basically means his build predicated how his gall bladder would grow.  Weird, eh?

That’s all I have for tonight… hopefully I’ll be back again soon!

erin

No comments: