Monday, November 24, 2008

Then... and Now

Throughout the day, I kept thinking of Julia at daycare, hoping she was having fun, etc. Apparently another kid (boy) had his birthday today too... how fun!

Again, it is hard to wrap my brain around the fact that Julia is ONE now... but when I finally started going through pictures of the day she was born... well, THAT brought on the tears. Most especially because I remembered all that happened that day... replaying bits and pieces of it as the day went on...

... for instance, right now, Adam was home in bed after having been up for something like... 36 hours or something... and I was in my room waiting to say good bye to Julia so that they could take her to Des Moines to be in NICU. Remember that I had not even held her at this point.

Whew. Tear.

Here's two snapshots... I realized today that I don't think I ever posted the first picture (mere minutes after she was born)... and the second picture is from today... one year later.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Here is the picture from when I met Julia for the first time...
Photobucket

Wow... what a year! What a wonderful, amazing, awesome year. :)

erin

No comments: