Monday, September 10, 2007

Sheep Paintings for Baby's Room

This weekend I was so excited to have the time to devote to working on decorations for the baby’s room. Our room theme is based on a fabric panel that I’ve had for a few years (thanks, Amy!), and I decided some time ago that I would make a quilt from the sheep in the panel.

After some hemming and hawing about how I would actually decorate the room knowing that the quilt would be from this panel and that virtually no decorations out there exist that would remotely match it, I decided to create my own decorations.

So… I painted three pictures this weekend based on the sheep from the panel. It was incredibly fun!!! The first picture is a picture of my setup – I put one of our paint clothes over the dining room table and set up there to work on the pictures.


This second picture is of the sheep pictures after I completed them yesterday afternoon. I’m happy with how they turned out and can’t wait to hang them up! You can see which sheep I based them from if you look at the fabric sheep blocks around them.


Adam also “created” a plaque for me, which I painted purple, and I will paint a verse from Psalm 95 onto it. He also built a wonderful little toy / book shelf which I also painted purple, and I am still trying to decide whether I will paint some stars or flowers or whatnot on the shelf to tie it into the pictures.

Hopefully I’ll have more pictures to share by the end of the week!

Happy September! (Oh, but I do LOVE this weather!)
Erin

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

oh my gosh! your paintings are unbelievable!!! how freakin adorable, can't wait to see the baby room in its entirety!!

Rozenboom's said...

The decorations you made are so cute! I cant wait to see the room all put together with little baby Draeger in it. Hope you are feeling well.

Georgene said...

Hi Adam & Erin
You did a super job on the sheep painting. I like the unique idea of decorating being you don't know if its a boy or girl this will be so cute for either. See you Sunday and have a safe trip to Spencer. Love, Aunt Georgene