Thursday, September 6, 2007

Baby Update

It's Thursday... how fun is that? Well, fun for me, because now that the baby room is EMPTY, I will finally be able to start decorating this weekend. Woohoo!

I thought I would post a quick update on how the baby and I are doing.

For those of you who don't know, we did have an ultrasound in early July and while the baby was happy and healthy in there, the baby was also STUBBORN. We weren't able to find out what we were having then. So... our baby takes on terms of endearment (so we aren't always calling the baby "It") such as Butterball (since we're due the day after Thanksgiving), Little Turkey (again, Thanksgiving), "Your" Child (when referring to the baby when talking to Adam when baby is moving LOTS and LOTS), and most recently, Alien (this is mostly my own fault, but my GEMS class at church seemed to adopt it pretty quickly last night... whoops!). When I find some time, I will take care to upload some ultrasound pictures as well.

We had our latest Dr. appointment on Tuesday morning. Fairly routine.
For those of you wondering these facts, here's some info:

Total Weight Gain: 14 lbs (by the way, when I'm not longer "happy" about the number, I'll no longer post it, LOL)

Difference from Last Appointment: +1 lb

Baby's Heartbeat: 150's (Dr. was doing basic multiplication this week; apparently did not see the need to get too specific... he said, hmm... 150's today.)

Fundal height (belly measurement): 34 cm / 34 weeks

Now... for those of you that know, I am 28 weeks 6 days pregnant (29 weeks tomorrow), so measuring at 34 weeks is a little... well, off. I've been measuring "big" the entire time. I think it's kinda crazy, but everyone is different. Nope, the Dr. doesn't seem to be too concerned about it. However, now he's thinking he'd like to do another ultrasound around 34 weeks. Does this mean we'll find out what we're having then? Don't know... seems a little silly at that point knowing that we'll be meeting our baby in about 6 weeks at that point. So... we'll see. Really, what does this all boil down to? I think my Dr. needs a new measuring tape. Or... he needs to relearn how to measure... LOL. It's all good. :)

All right... just wanted to put up that info really quick. OH... and here's my latest belly shot from yesterday. Please note that I do NOT normally wear non-maternity shirts (which makes for a slightly silly looking picture, to me at least)... but I have this ultracool shirt for GEMS and had to wear it last night. I think it'll look like a belly shirt in a few weeks. ;)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Have a good one!

Erin

No comments: