- I turn 35 in 2 weeks. WOOHOO! Love birthdays and love my birthday! Super excited for it! I am taking the day off that day, and Adam and I are talking about different possible ideas for the day. Should be fun!
- I have been on Gleevec (imatinib) for about 20 days now. The main side effect I’m experiencing is bone pain, but that was expected, so other than it being more than a little irritating, I firmly believe it means that things are going well. Fatigue is also still a problem, but nothing that I haven’t been able to deal with – I’m still working full-time, and other than slacking a bit in the home department, I have been hanging in there.
- Today I had a procedure called Essure performed. Essure is a (as close to permanent you can get) permanent birth control. For all intents and purposes, it is a tubal ligation. The procedure in and of itself wasn’t so bad, but afterwards I was in a lot of pain, so I spent most of the day sleeping and completely overwhelmed with pain medication. Doing well now, but of course I am wide awake after sleeping six hours in the middle of the day. In about three months I’ll have an x-ray done to determine if the procedure worked or not.
- Thanks to my cube mate, who is Puerto Rican, I have a newfound love of Puerto Rican coffee. Between that and my French press, I’m in heaven.
- I still plan on doing a Questions Regarding CML blog post; I just haven’t had much energy to put it together – hopefully soon!
- Julia starts Kindergarten on August 28th! I’m so excited for her. She is BEYOND excited and beyond ready. I love that she is so excited about school!
- My aunt Chris and cousin Dru are flying out to visit this week. Much fun will be had!
- Raven turns four in a little over a month – cuh-razy! We waffled between a Bo on the Go, My Little Pony, and Minnie Mouse theme, but we’re going with Minnie Mouse. I also plan to allow her and Julia to have their very first friend sleepover. Wish us luck!
- Anna is communicating better; not necessarily with real words, but with “talking” and pointing to things she wants or needs. She also is putting a lot more weight on her feet, moving / walking around furniture a lot more, and also letting go and standing solo for a bit of time here and there. So proud of her!
- Adam has joined a new band, the Canyon Creek Band. He will be going on a small tour with them to Arizona in September. Lots of exciting times ahead!
That’s all for tonight!