Monday, April 6, 2009

She can't change her own diaper yet...

... but, she is smart enough to pick up the dirty one and throw it in the wastebasket.  Now that Julia is walking, she loves to "show off" the things she can do.  Twice this weekend after I changed her diaper, she got up, picked up the dirty diaper, walked into the bathroom, and threw it in the wastebasket.  She turned around to see if I was watching, and then clapped her hands when I said, "Good job!"  Reason #456821 why I love being a mom.  *sigh*

2 comments:

The Skinny Turtle said...

How sweet! Owen does this too! He takes it back to the closet where the diaper genie is. Aren't they just too precious and so smart!? =)

Melinda said...

Gabe always follows me out to the kitchen and opens the cupboard to the trash. He doesn't throw it in, but he opens the door for me to throw it away every time.