Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

Today was the Pella Easter Egg Hunt in Central Park.  I had no idea
what to expect as I did not take Julia last year when she was only
three months old.

But, this year, I decided to brave the storm of people and quickly
found myself lost in a sea of moms, dads, kids, and baskets. I didn't
realize that the 1 - 4 year olds would be grouped together, so Julia
was at a slight disadvantage. By the time we got under the rope and
into the "field", most of the goodies were gone... but we managed to
find four untouched pieces. I consider it good of me (ha!) that I
refrained from begging a nearby 4-year-old for one of the 3
toothbrushes she picked up that were lying admist what must have been
2 pounds of candy...! I figured that would look tacky of me.

Julia didn't seem to mind, though. She thoroughly enjoyed
kid-watching and took to screaming (her new form of communicating when
extremely happy) at kids as they passed by... she was filled with
glee!

erin

No comments: