Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back to Work

Hello, all!

I returned to work this week. I am still working through Donatech with Rockwell Collins… and I have the best job in the world. I went back to work part-time, and I work out of my house. It’s been an absolute blessing!

Both Julia and I had quite the change to make to our routine… we had gotten used to going to bed between midnight and 1 AM (her choice… not mine!), and getting up around 9:30 in the morning (I DO love sleeping in!). I knew this wasn’t going to work for me to go back to work… so we needed to make some changes!Sunday night wasn’t so great in the sleep department, but we had a good day… and THEN Monday evening hit. Finally at 10:30 PM, Adam took one very disgruntled baby from me and had her asleep in 5 minutes (go figure). However, she slept wonderfully that night and only got up once between 10:30 PM and 6 AM. The last two nights have been similar… I’ve been able to get her down by 10:30 PM, she wakes up once around 2 AM to nurse, and then again around 5:15 – 5:30 AM to hang out.

Work is going well too. Going back part-time has been nice this week… and I know it will be nice from here on out. As many of you know, it takes a lot of work to be a wife, mother, and employee… and that’s no exception in my house. Ah… now if I could just hire a maid, my life would be complete. Hee, hee.

Other than that, life is becoming more regular for us. Julia and I are learning to be social with people out in the world instead of holing up at home all day. I’ve started cooking again and no doubt, I’ll start cleaning again too.

Julia will be 7 weeks old on Saturday, and in two weeks she has her two month appointment with the doctor. Where has the time gone?

Some neat things about Julia:
- She is over 10 lbs already.
- She is at least 22” long, but maybe longer.
- She smiles… a lot! (I call it ‘smiling on command’, since I can usually make her smile.)
- She laughs in her sleep… it’s very cute.
- She MIGHT be starting to stick her tongue out when someone sticks their tongue out at her… I can’t quite figure out if she’s sticking her tongue out just because, or because I am doing it.
- She likes to dance and seems to enjoy classic rock.
- She hasn’t lost any of her hair yet… but it is lightening up.

Here are a few pictures from this week… enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Erin

No comments: