Thursday, December 6, 2007

Update...

Hi, all!

It's been a few days or so since I've updated, but we have great visitors now (helpful in-laws) who love to hold Julia all day, so I have time to do 'normal' life stuff like laundry and ironing and updating the blog. (Oh, yeah. And sleep. My husband is a SAINT and got up with Jules at 8 AM this morning and I slept till 11 AM. Ha, think all you want that I just sleep all the time... we were up till 1 AM and then up from 4 AM to 7 AM. I am SOOOO thankful Adam has FMLA and has off of work until next Wednesday when he goes back.)

Have I mentioned that I love my daughter to pieces and that I DO love being a mom? God certainly knows what he's doing when a baby is born... I was infused with such a great amount of love and patience... more than I ever knew could possibly exist... and even though I am sleep-deprived, forget to eat, and basically forget to take care of myself in general (although, ha, I HAVE to take a shower every day... that is a NECESSITY!)... I have all of the time in the world to make sure my daughter is healthy and happy... she's SUCH a blessing!

We had our well-baby checkup yesterday with Jules' doctor, and she has gained a 1/2 lb since we came home!!! :) How wonderful! That means she is eating and gaining well! She was 7 lbs 3.5 oz when she was born, 7 lbs 4 oz when she came home from Blank, and yesterday she checked in at 7 lbs 12 oz. WOOHOO! I was so happy! She's such a content baby... she doesn't cry or fuss much unless she's seriously hungry (or thinks she is) or when she needs a good cuddle. But otherwise, she's just happy sleeping or being a wake... it's just good stuff, this baby business!

At the well-baby checkup, I asked my nurse to weigh me... and WOOHOO! I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight! NO JOKING! How cool / fun is that? :) Of course, like I said, I have to be reminded to eat meals (even though I'm starving all of the time, it seems), and I'm sure the lack of sleep is not helping either! But, ha, I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight. And back in my pre-preggo jeans. They bother the C-section incision a little bit, but at least they are not falling off every time I move (i.e., the maternity jeans). So I'm finally giving up the maternity jeans. But, ha, not my gray pants. I love those pants too much. I will wear those for a while yet, regardless of the big wide band at the top. ;)

Well... just wanted to say "HI!" to you all! I have a few more posts to put up! Hugs to you all and thanks for the emails and comments... one of these days I'll 'get back to you'! I promise!!! :)

Erin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds as though you are having such a wonderful time being a mother! And Julia truly is a beautiful little girl. You two are blessed! Keep up the blog...love the pictures!

Chrissy said...

Great job on gaining the pre-pregnancy weight! but please please keep eating, as it is NO fun being worn down and sick when u have a newborn, especially around the holidays!