Tuesday, December 11, 2007

December 11th...

Okay... WHERE has December gone?

It feels as though only yesterday I was putting up the tree and going to the hospital, and today Julia is 17 days old! WOW!

We are having a 'wintery' sort of day today... it is Adam's last day home before going back to work, and the weather has been less than stellar. We were planning to drive to Cedar Rapids today for my holiday party for work (Donatech), but the weather kept us home and watching tree branches / limbs fall instead (here's a view off of our deck looking over at the neighbors... all I can say is that having our trees 'cleaned out' and 'topped' two years ago was definitely worth it!).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday Adam's parents left and headed back to Wisconsin... but not before we had a few more pictures...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We had a wonderful time with them here and were sad to see them go. :( Julia was definitely loved on while they were here, though! :) No doubt about that!

Today Julia had a bath and did a wonderful job of letting me clean her up and wash her hair without her crying. However, as soon as I laid her down to put a diaper back on her and dress her, she pooped and peed everywhere. I couldn't help but laugh. :) Nothing like having to give a baby a second bath because of THAT mess! She seemed pretty happy, though. I think she was laughing too. :) Good thing we keep a 'miniature' changing pad on top of the regular one... makes for an easy clean up.

To think that a week ago that would have made me cry... I'm finally getting into the swing of things with this 'mothering' business.

Lesson 1: Laugh, even when you think you should cry. (Ha, that has certainly be helpful and probably the best thing I can remember to do when things aren't going so well. :) It certainly makes me feel better, at any rate!)

Otherwise... now just to finish the shopping, write the Christmas letter that goes with our Christmas picture, pack up my maternity clothes and find things in my non-maternity clothes to wear to church and the like (ha, ha, the maternity shirt is NOT cutting it anymore!!!)... and you know, figure out how to do 'regular life' stuff with a baby. :) Should be a fun time!

Hugs to you all!
Erin

No comments: