Monday, March 31, 2014

Quickly....

I'm in Atlanta right now! Darling Adam is holding down the fort with the girls for four days while I visit my team in Huntsville, Alabama.

How come it's always when I'm nowhere near a computer that I'm ready to write a post? (Probably because my mind is clearest when away and unencumbered to think about all of the other things...)

So since I doubt very much my fingers and thumbs can type out for very long on a phone before the autocorrect drives me batty...

I'll open conversation instead.

How do you say thank you for things that are ethereal other than by saying thank you? It feels a little awkward and cold, but I honestly don't know what else to do or say. I really don't feel like I would even have to say anything...

I'm asking because it's a common occurrence now with my recent FB posts on my CML and liver conditions and the responses I receive... Being told in person that a person is praying for me, thinking of me, or.... I either feel ridiculous and foolish with only saying thank you or I feel cold and heartless that I don't know what else to say.

Sounds like a silly conundrum but I'm not joking when I say that I'm not quite sure what to do and it bothers me.

This is the start of a larger egg of thought in my mind as well... And something that is hard to write about without worrying about hurting feelings or offending anyone. I think part of the reason I stopped blogging for a while was that I never quite knew how to express myself without worrying about having to cover my thoughts and words. I see so many blog writers who pour their hearts and lives out onto the internet and one off statement or word that probably meant nothing or was simply difficult to articulate get picked apart for what they say.... And I don't have the energy to deal with nitpickers.

So we'll see where this goes, I guess. I'm glad to be blogging (thank you, autocorrect, for changing that to clogging) again, but also don't want to hold my thoughts for fear of what might become of them.

Happy Monday!

Erin

Ps. Happy birthday to my brother-in-law, Brian!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Saying thank you is not cold. It is warm. Love it and acknowledges you understand the gravity of that statement "I am praying for you".

Bob Ball