Thursday, June 9, 2011

Yak & Yeti

I am pleased to announce that late this last week, Adam was hired as the new head brewer of the Yak and Yeti Restaurant and Brewery in Arvada, Colorado.
I'm very proud of Adam for taking a leap of faith, leaving his stable position with Pella Corp, and going back to school.  It wasn't easy for him to decide to leave his job, and it wasn't easy to turn down a potential job offer to take the open position at Siebel.  It wasn't easy to leave his family for three months, and it wasn't easy to return to the United States having had his world turned upside down, with his family in a different state and in a different "home".  It wasn't easy for Adam to be without a job for four months (Some days I think it might have been harder on me than him!  Ha!).  Some days he wondered if he had done the right thing, some days I wondered if he was going to survive "unemployment", and on those days, we both prayed.  A lot.
 
But, my man's got perseverance.  My man's got confidence.  My man's got faith.  My man's got the Lord.
 
So, honey, congratulations on your new position as head brewer!  I know you will make them proud!
 
erin

1 comment:

Jake said...

Congratulations! That's excellent news.