Saturday, February 13, 2010

Five

Today Raven is five months old.

It is hard to comprehend that she has been on the earth (outside of the womb) for that long already.  So much has happened in the last five months of our lives and yet it seems like only yesterday that she entered our lives.

Raven is a laid-back baby and easy to "figure out"... she has a routine now which is a blessing.  Not that she hasn't seemed to be pretty easy going since day one...!

If you knew with Julia, you would know that we are "late" swaddlers in that we swaddle well past the intended time (usually around 3 months).  We figure, if a baby is going to sleep better swaddled (and thanks for the encouragement from our doctor!), then stick with it until it doesn't stick anymore.  Julia was swaddled till about 7 months and rolled over about one week after she was done being swaddled.  Raven can already get completely out of her swaddle, but still lets us swaddle her to put her to sleep and sleeps most of the night wrapped up.  She is pretty active on the floor during play time, but no rolling over yet.

We decided not to start Raven on rice cereal since she was fully on formula, and she seems to be doing well with the bottles.  We will start her on baby food when she turns six months; hard to believe that is in a few short weeks from now!  With Julia it was new and a novelty to feed a new baby; it will be interesting how it is to feed Raven.  I have to confess I'm not really looking forward to it.  :)

What else?  Raven loves to giggle at Julia (and they still get along well) and she has started to "talk" more too.  I still love having a baby so I don't want her to grow up too fast, but she is growing before our eyes!  I'm sure Julia might have some different feelings for her when Raven figures out how to get into her stuff.  :)

Well... I know I've been a slacker on blogging but once I get though the 450 pictures I downloaded tonight, I'm sure I'll be back at it good again!

Hugs!
erin

No comments: